ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-23
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 23, 2012
- Social Business: Evolution or Revolution? | Christian Finn
"The consumerist convergence of social, mobile, local, and cloud technologies challenges long held IT paradigms of command and control, locked down systems, systematic rollouts, and long cycle application development," says Christian Finn. "These approaches have served well in the era of client/server and with large application deployments such as ERP. But they don’t fit with the emergent, chaotic, rapidly changing consumerization era in which we now find ourselves."
- Oracle Cloud Conference: dates and locations worldwide
"Whether you are transitioning to the cloud or advancing to the next level, this event offers practical insights that can help you make the most of your cloud computing choices."
- Rebootless updates: now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, too! | Lenz Grimmer
Ksplice zero downtime kernel updates are now available for the Red Hat compatible kernel on Oracle Linux 5 and 6.
- Webcast: Leveraging Linux Innovations for Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata
Event Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM PT / 1:00pm ETz
- Chris Mason - Director, Linux Kernel Engineering , Oracle
- Kothanda Umamageswaran - Exadata Engineering, Oracle
- Start Small, Grow Fast
Edwin Biemond, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, and Demed L'Her describe a set of pragmatic best practices for deploying a simple and sound SOA footprint that can grow with business demand.
- OBIEE 22.214.171.124 Now Available for Download – Release Highlights | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman offers an overview of key new features of the new release of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- Lack of good API design hurts the cloud | David Linthicum
Application programming interfaces can make or break a cloud service — so why are so many so poor?
- Shorter URLs for Oracle Patches | Bex Huff
Oracle ACE Director Bex Huff shares a headache remedy.
- Software Naturalism - Embracing the Real Behind the Ideal | Michael Feathers
Michael Feathers analyzes real code bases concluding that code is not nearly as beautiful as designers aspire to, discussing the everyday decisions that alter the code bit by bit.
- Event: Oracle High Availability Solutions for MySQL - Stockholm - 23rd Feb
Check out this High Availability Solutions for MySQL seminar in Stockholm on Thursday February 23rd 2012 to better understand how to achieve High Availability with MySQL.
"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself."
— Samuel Butler