ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-22
By OTN ArchBeat on Feb 22, 2012
- Configure WebLogic Resource Adapters with ANT | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond shares an ANT script designed to make it easy to add multiple EIS entries to a variety of adapters.
- Standardized IT-platforms are essential for Business Agility | Douwe Pieter van den Bos
"IT platforms should be pre-configured, pre-build and so on: as much prefab as possible," says Oracle ACE Douwe Pieter van den Bos. "This makes sure that we can use the platforms for whatever purpose we want. In that way we can easily scale up (and down) if we need to. And it doesn’t matter anymore where our applications are running."
- Self-service architecture to avoid water-scrum-fall | Andrej Koelewijn www.andrejkoelewijn.com
"The cloud is enabling smaller teams to do more," says Andrej Koelewijn. "IAAS enabled DevOps. Self-service infrastructure enables developers to take on operations. Developers can create and manage complete virtual-datacenters as required for their applications, without interacting with operations. This significantly increases productivity and speeds up time-to-market."
- Increasing Application Availability by Using the Oracle VM Server for SPARC Live Migration Feature
This white paper by Orgad Kimchi and Roman illustrates the process through various scenarios.
- A use case to illustrate how clouds, mobility and big data create new business capabilities | Andy Mulholland
Capgemini CTO blogger Andy Mulholland on "how clouds, mobility and big data create a new set of business capabilities."
- Podcast: Development Debate
There's more than one way to develop and deploy a Java EE project. Jeff West, Arun Gupta, Cary Milsap, and Brian Jimerson debate the merits of their favorite methodologies.
- Webcast: Top 10 Tips to Accelerate Oracle VM Deployments
Wednesday March 7, 2012 - 9:00am PT \ Noon ET
- Adam Hawley, Senior Director for Oracle Desktop and Server Virtualization Product Management
- Greg King, Senior Member of the Technical Staff, Oracle VM Best Practices Engineering
- Well Hello There, Oracle Social Network Videos | The AppsLab
The AppsLab's Jake Kuramoto shares three videos that offer "a more detailed preview" of Oracle Social Network.
- Become a WebLogic Application Grid Specialist with our Free Vouchers!
WebLogic Partner Community EMEA is now offering free vouchers ($195 value) for the Oracle Application Grid Certified Implementation Specialist assessment.
Today's Quote"The architecture of our future is not only unfinished; the scaffolding has hardly gone up"
— George Lamming