ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-21
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 21, 2012
- White Paper: An Architect’s Guide to Big Data | Dr. Helen Sun, Peter Heller
Planning a Big Data architecture is not about understanding just what is different. It’s also about how to integrate what’s new to what you already have – from database-and-BI infrastructure to IT tools, and end user applications.
- Identity propagation with OWSM | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond shows you how.
- Oracle Hardware Systems: The Extreme Performance Tour
Get the inside track on Oracle's hardware strategy and product roadmap from the people who know Oracle hardware best. And be sure to meet our global experts in the Extreme Performance exhibition area. Click the link for dates and locations worldwide.
- Webcast: Oracle Solutions Maximize the Value of the Smart Grid Data Explosion
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 | 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET
This webcast will explore the ways utilities of all sizes can take advantage of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize the value of advanced metering and grid modernization programs.
Speaker: Mohamad Afshar, PhD - VP Product Management - Exalogic Oracle
- Oracle Social Business Thought Leaders Webcast Series
The first event in the series (Thursday, February 23, 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET) features an interview with Capgemini CTO blogger Andy Mulholland.
- Warning – action required: key Internet changes taking place | Andy Mulholland
"As we move towards using external services and placing our own enterprise go-to market model online," says Mulholland, "it all starts to look more aligned with the risk and cost of losing our back office IT transactional capabilities."
- Latest federal 'shared services' strategy is actually SOA redux | Joe McKendrick
"SOA is all about not having to reinvent the wheel," says McKendrick. "So why is the federal government trying to reinvent the wheel to reinstate what already has been learned and developed through SOA over the past decade?"
- High Maturity Software Engineering Measurement and Analysis | Dave Zubrow
The Software Engineering Institute's Dave Zubrow's post "briefly discusses high maturity and highlights several recent works in the area of high maturity measurement and analysis."
- The Role of Emotions in Software Engineering | Michael Stal
Michael Stal's short but thought-provoking article offers yet another angle on the importance of communication in software design and development.
- Oracle Magazine - Winter 1993 | Brendan Tierney
Oracle ACE Brendan Tierney takes you on a two-decade rewind for a look at what was happening in the Oracle world back in the early days of the Internet Age.
"I have a greater appreciation for kitchen appliances, having played one."
— Anthony "C-3P0" Daniels