ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-16
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 16, 2012
- Oracle Cloud Conference: dates and locations worldwide
No awful weather analogies, just solid information and practical insight on migrating to the Cloud.
- Webcast: The Art of Architecture Transformation
Event Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10am PT 1pm ET.
- Alan Levine (Senior Director, Oracle Enterprise Architect Advanced Technology Services)
- Hank Margolis (Senior Director, Oracle Business Architecture Enterprise Solutions Group)
- Enterprise architects: 'turn your company upside down' | Joe McKendrick
"It’s no longer enough for EAs to put a shared infrastructure in place and stand back and declare the business to be enabled."
- BPM 11g Task Execution Data - Rejection Notification Pattern | Mark Foster
Mark Foster's post "details the task execution data and outlines a design for a Rejection Notification pattern."
- Interview and Book Review: The CERT Oracle Secure Coding Standard for Java | Srini Penchikala
InfoQ's Srini Penchikala interviews book authors Fred Long, Dhruv Mohindra, Robert Seacord, Dean Sutherland, and David Svoboda about the motivation for writing the book, how the security rules discussed in the book compare to other security coding frameworks.
- Hostname References and Architecture Simplification in the IDM Build Out for Fusion Apps | Brian Eidelman
Brian Eidelman discusses how to use the IDM EDG (Oracle Identity Management Enterprise Deployment Guide, Fusion Apps Edition) as a guide for your build out even if you want to deviate from the reference architecture in some way.
- New Docs and Updates with JavaFX 2.0.3 | The Java Tutorials Weblog
New articles and improvements have been added to the documentation for JavaFX 2.0.3 update.
- Enterprise Architecture tools: New partnership with Troux | SOA Partner Community Blog
Oracle will offer BPM Process Composer Extensions which provide process decomposition / modeling, provide value chains, strategy maps, objectives, org. models etc.
- Solaris SPARC live migration increases Oracle DB availability | Frederic Pariente
Information on and links to a new white paper by Orgad Kimchi and Roman Ivanov at Oracle ISV Engineering.
- Architecture Transformation; SOA Database Expansion; Cloud Execution
This week on the OTN Architect Home Page.
- Event: Oracle High Availability Solutions for MySQL - Stockholm - 23rd Feb
Join us for our High Availability Solutions for MySQL seminar in Stockholm on Thursday February 23rd 2012 to better understand how to achieve High Availability with MySQL.
- Oracle Technology Network Developer Day MySQL: Singapore
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 | 1:30 PM – 7:00 PM (registration starts 1:00 p.m.)
Raffles Hotel Singapore, Casuarina Suite B, Level 3 1 Beach Road, 189673, Singapore
This free, half-day seminar will cover everything you need to know to successfully design, develop, and manage your MySQL databases.
"There would be no Star Trek unless there were transporter malfunctions."
— LeVar Burton