ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-15
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 15, 2012
- Unit Testing Asynchronous BPEL Processes Using soapUI | Daniel Amadei
Thanks to its support for Mocking and WS-Addressing, soapUI can be used to test asynchronous BPEL processes. Daniel Amadei shows you how.
- Webcast: Oracle Solutions Maximize the Value of the Smart Grid Data Explosion
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 | 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET
This webcast will explore the ways utilities of all sizes can take advantage of Oracle Engineered Systems to maximize the value of advanced metering and grid modernization programs.
Speaker: Mohamad Afshar, PhD, VP Exalogic Product Management, Oracle
- Your Presentation at the Oracle SOA & BPM Customer Insights Online Summit?
Interested in sharing your success with Oracle SOA, BPM, and/or Governance at the first online SOA & BPM customer summit?
- February OTN Member Discounts/Offers
Information on the latest batch of discounts for OTN members on books from Oracle Press, Apress, and other publishers.
- Is Java technology going to disappear? Heck No! says this article | Hinkmond Wong
Hinkmond Wong shares a link to an eWeek article that predicts a rosy future for Java.
- Oracle Online Forum: Big Data Essentials
Thurs., February 16, 2012 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET
Register for the Big Data Online Forum to learn the essentials of big data – from the underlying technology underlying to real-world use cases. Oracle’s Tom Kyte, Cloudera CEO Mike Olson, and other industry thought leaders will be on hand to explain how big data can deliver revolutionary insight and competitive advantage.
- New Papers from the OEA Practice | Eric A. Stephens
Stephens shares links to a quartet of new articles from members of Oracle's Enterprise Architecture team, all part of the Oracle Experiences in Enterprise Architecture series.
- WebLogic 12c: Use JPA in your Web Application | Michel Schildmeijer
AMIS Oracle Fusion Middleware Architect Michel Schildmeijerhere shares "a way to create a Web Application with JPA under WebLogic 12c."
- The making of the Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook | Guido Schmutz
Oracle ACE Guido Schmutz offers some background on the collaborative effort --and the collaborators-- behind the newly published book from Packt.
- Pat's SOA Governance Perscription | Pat Shepherd
Pat Shepherd advises "Getting a firm understanding on which services you want to govern (probably not all of them) and the types of things you want Governance to do for you. Once you have that, you can move forwards in a stepwise approach that reduces the effort AND complication."
- Architecture Transformation; SOA Database Expansion; Cloud Execution
This week on the OTN Architect Home Page.
"The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate."
— Douglas Engelbart