ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-09
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 09, 2012
- Questions for an Enterprise Architect | Erik Dörnenburg
Check out the comments on this InfoQ feature. It's endlessly fascinating to me that any attempt to define or describe Enterprise Architecture invariably triggers criticism and debate. Yet despite the apparent fact that there is so much disagreement about what EA is, a hell of a lot of people are putting a hell of a lot of time and effort into getting EA work done.
- 3 secrets to creating a business case for cloud computing | David Linthicum
If you hope to convince management about the cloud -- with successful results -- follow these key steps from David Linthicum.
- Solaris and SPARC virtualization management features of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center | Leon Shaner
Leon Shaner shares a video that shows "Solaris and SPARC Virtualization working exceedingly well, in what are decidedly sub-optimal conditions."
- WebLogic, SOA Suite and Access Manager | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk shares a "sort of a deployment guide to integrate the products WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Access Manager."
- Oracle VDI gets the Geek Week treatment...finally! | Gabe Knuth
Gabe Knuth and the BrianMadden.com crew analyze an Oracle VDI demonstration by John Renko.
- Oracle Cloud Conference: dates and locations worldwide
"Whether you are transitioning to the cloud or advancing to the next level, this event offers practical insights that can help you make the most of your cloud computing choices. Coming to a city near you – register now!"
- Webcast: The Art of Architecture Transformation
Event Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10am PT 1pm ET.
- Alan Levine - Senior Director, Oracle Enterprise Architect Advanced Technology Services
- Hank Margolis - Senior Director, Oracle Business Architecture Enterprise Solutions Group
- White Paper: Oracle SOA Suite 11G Database Growth Management Strategy
Michael Bousamra and contributing authors Deepak Arora and Sai Sudarsan Pogaru highlight the need to implement an appropriate strategy to manage the growth the of the Oracle SOA Suite 11g database.
- Cloud Conference Goes Global; Hands-on Java; Cloud Considerations
This week on the OTN Architect Home Page.
- Free Oracle Breakfast Seminar: High Availability Solutions for MySQL
Thursday, 23 February 2012 | 9:45am - 1:30pm
"Join us for our High Availability Solutions for MySQL seminar in Stockholm on Thursday February 23rd 2012 to better understand how to achieve High Availability with MySQL."
Today's Quote"History shows you don't know what the future brings."
-- Rick Wagoner