ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-01-18
By OTN ArchBeat on Jan 18, 2012
"When a day that you happen to know is Wednesday starts off sounding like Sunday, there is something seriously wrong somewhere."
-- John Wyndham
- Building an Exadata Compute Node USB imaging drive | Jason Arneil
A detailed how-to from Jason Arneil.
- Portal and Content - Components, part 1 – UCM, Site Studio and Templates (2 of 7) | Stefan Krantz blogs.oracle.com
"Oracle WebCenter Portal core architecture is designed around several well defined services that the Portal framework offers the architects, developers and users when assembling a Portal application or Portal Site," says Krantz. "One of the most important services in the Content Driven Portal scenario is WebCenter Content."
- How should I generate an external reference to a composite instance? | A-Team - SOA
A-Team blogger Christian offers a solution to "a common problem in SOA Suite."
- NY Announces New High School for Software Engineering | Michael Stal
As reported by Michael Stal: "Mayor Bloomberg announced recently the opening of a high school for software engineering in New York. The school will be located in Union Square. The main driver behind this idea has been Mike Zemansky, a computer science teacher."
- ADF Performance Marathon - 22 Hours Stress Test | Andrejus Baranovskis
Another how-to from prolific Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis.
- Vanilla: everybody’s favourite | Henk Vermeulen
"Many organizations are struggling with their application landscape," says Vermeulen. "It has evolved to a situation where everything is connected and where just maintaining daily operations consumes a massive portion of the available budget. This leaves precious little funding for improvements and innovations. And this is translating into a new trend: VANILLA ONLY!!!"
- Set-up Coherence Clusters | René van Wijk
Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk describer "how to set-up a Coherence cluster, i.e., configure multicast, unicast, death detection, TCMP, create start scripts for cache servers and cache clients, and show how to monitor the cluster."
- MySQL Embedded Online Forum
January 31, 2012, 9:00am PT / Noon ET.
Speakers: Craig Sylvester, Matt Lord, and Alexander Rubin.
Join the first-ever MySQL Embedded Online Forum, and learn tried-and-true steps to take before shipping MySQL-embedded products that many ISVs/OEMs don’t know about—from the top MySQL experts at Oracle.
- Carpe Nube [Seize the Cloud] | Pat Shepherd
"Cloud is an IT operational model (what systems run where) that is driven by business needs and imperatives," says Oracle Enterprise Architect Pat Shepherd. "Even if you go 100% Public Cloud, you still need to make sure that the Applications and Information provided by those systems are meeting the ever changing business needs."