ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-01-16
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 16, 2012
"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center plug-in for Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c is now available | Anand Akela
Anand Akela shares details on the systems monitoring plug-in to connect Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 1 (184.108.40.206.0) and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 11g Release 1, Update 3 (220.127.116.11.0).
- SOA and Cloud: What is in store for 2012? | Jeevak Kasarkod
"In traditional fashion, we celebrate the new year with a roundup of predictions in the SOA and Cloud space for 2012. This coming year the promising trends in big data and IT consumerization are expected to lead SOA and Cloud adoption."
- First steps with jWebSocket - open source Java framework for WebSockets | Lucas Jellema
"This month, In have been delving into Push architectures for the Web, looking into WebSockets among several other things," says Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema.
- A WebCenter VM, Revisited | The AppsLab
"Finally, it’s entirely possible to get a WebCenter VM up and running and more importantly achieve productivity within 30 minutes," says Jake Kuramoto. "There are some caveats, but this is also a big deal."
- Oracle SOA Suite-BPEL and OSB | Srividhya Kasturi
Kasturi explains the differences between the roles of Oracle Service Bus, Oracle Mediator, and Oracle BPEL.
- Enterprise architecture still a leap of faith for many companies | Joe McKendrick
"Architecture...is essential in a hyper-competitive and unforgiving global economy," says McKendrick.