ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-01-11
By OTN ArchBeat on Jan 11, 2012
"They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday."
-- Robert Heinlein
- Cloud Candidate Selection; Bite-sized SOA Governance; Fusion Evolution
This week on the OTN Architect Home Page.
- Software Engineering Meets Services and Cloud Computing | Stephen S. Yau and Ho G. An
In this IEEE article, authors Stephen Yau and Ho An talk about application development using service-oriented architecture and cloud computing technologies.
- Event Delivery Network (EDN) - A practical example | Andy Knight
"What I hope to do in this article," says Andy Knight, "is to demonstrate how easy EDN is to use and where I believe its advantages lie."
- Podcast Show Notes: Phoenix Architect Day Panel Discussion
Though it's no substitute for being there, the latest ArchBeat podcast offers a taste of the real deal with this recording of the panel discussion from the Architect Day event held in Phoenix, AZ on December 14, 2011. The notes include access to the day's slide presentations.
- Throwing Light on GlassFish Webserver Plugins and Proxying | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele offers a "detailed look at what's possible and necessary for GlassFish to utilize proxying and load-balancing."
- Weblogic WS-Trust Client and OWSM interoperability | Andre Correa
fusionsecurity.blogspot.com Andre Correa's post "describes a bunch of things that are more or less available across several official books, but also adds some details that are not easily found, especially if you're interested in troubleshooting."
- MySQL Resources
2012 could be your year for MySQL mastery—if you take advantage of this fresh batch of resources to polish your MySQL chops.
- MySQL Embedded Online Forum
January 31, 2012, 9:00am PT / Noon ET.
Speakers: Craig Sylvester, Matt Lord, and Alexander Rubin.
Join the first-ever MySQL Embedded Online Forum, where top MySQL experts at Oracle will show you tried-and-true steps to take (that many ISVs/OEMs don't know about) before shipping MySQL-embedded products.