ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-01-10
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 10, 2012
"Creativity is a highfalutin word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday."
-- Ray Kroc
- Oracle SOA Suite : import in xsl from mds location | Eric Elzinga
"In one of my xsl transformations i needed to import a generic xsl from the mds store," says Oracle ACE Eric Elzinga. "For this I created a new jdeveloper application with a soa sar deployment."
- Engineered Systems for Retail | David Dorf
There's a misconception amongst some retailers that Oracle's software only runs on Oracle hardware. Not true, says David Dorf.
- Mobility rather than mobile applications is making the running | Andy Mulholland
"Mobile enterprise applications have their own model in the internal IT governance and it’s clear, but mobility owes nothing to this model, has no pre-existing governance model, but does have a lot of demanding powerful internal advocates to get apps out into their market. So beware they don’t have to come to see IT about it, any more than they did when seemingly every department started to create Websites!!" -- Andy Mulholland
- Java tops list of software skills in demand: employer survey | Joe McKendrick
Demand is hottest this year for Java developers, new survey of 1,200 hiring managers shows.
- Java Spotlight Episode 63: JavaME Network APIs | Roger Brinkley
This week featuring an interview with Alok Patel, Principal Product Manager with Java Mobile team, talking about the new JavaME Network APIS. And this week's Java All Star Developer Panel includes Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
- Master-Detail with One Iterator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shows you "a different approach" to implementing a Master-Detail relationship just with one iterator in ADF Bindings.
- Coherence Monitoring | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk illustrates how to set up "a tuned environment (operating system, network and Java Virtual Machine) for Coherence."
- Entering 2012 With Promise and Concern | Ian Abramson
"Times are changing and technology is the driver for our future," says Oracle ACE Ian Abramson. "So take the time to see what is happening today and envision where you and your organization will take it in the coming years in order to survive and thrive."
- Oracle University: Oracle Coherence 3.6: Share and Manage Data In Clusters
This is must-take course for those planning to adopt Oracle Coherence into their environments. Learn to use best practices and different serialization techniques working with objects in Coherence, configure Coherence caching topologies, query and aggregate cache data using the filter, query language, and aggregation APIs and more.