ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 12/20/2011
By OTN ArchBeat on Dec 20, 2011
- Associative Arrays 101 | Lewis Cunningham
Oracle ACE Director Lewis Cunningham shares an example.
- Difference between GlassFish Open Source and Commercial Editions | Arun Gupta
Arun Gupta explains it all.
- Creating a Web Service Proxy in ADF to Consume a Web Service | Mark Piller
"There is more than one way to design your ADF application to consume web services," says Pillar. "One example is to use the ADF wizards to create data controls to access the web service. Another example is to use the ADF wizards to create a proxy to the web service you want to consume. This article is an example of the proxy development process."
- Updated Components in GlassFish 3.1.2 | The Aquarium
One of the important goals of the upcoming GlassFish 3.1.2 release is to update the sub-components to their most recent versions. This post lists the target components in the next GlassFish release.
- Solaris goes to 11 | Mike Duigou
"For Solaris oldsters, yes it's different than what you're used to," says Mike Duigou. "But it's better. Really. Yes, really! Get over it and get on with it. You'll be happier in the long run."
- WebLogic Weekly for December 19th, 2011 | Steve Button
Covering: 12c Q+A, Java EE 6 Compatible, MOXy and JAXB, TopLink Grid for JPA with Coherence, RichFaces and SCA on WLS 12c, GlassFish Deployment Support, New Administration Book, SSL for WLS.
- 'Garbage in, garbage out' -- with a 2012 twist | Joe McKendrick
Many cloud implementations go awry because of the gunk that gets put into them. Joe McKendrick offers examples of the types of gunk ending up in clouds, resulting in dashed expectations.
- Vennster @ UKOUG 2011
Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen shares session abstracts and other information relevant to UKOUG sessions presented by himself and/or Vennster colleague Lonneke Dikmans, also an Oracle ACE Director.
- WebLogic SCA with WebLogic 12c and OEPE 12.1 | Edwin Biemond
"Fusion Middleware Software like OSB or SOA Suite is not yet available on WebLogic 12c," says Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond, "but this does not mean you can't develop SCA Applications."
- Oracle Technologist of the Year 2011 Award for Frank Munz
Congratulations to Dr. Frank Munz and to all the winners of this year's Oracle Magazine Technologist of the Year Awards.