ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 12/12/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 12, 2011
- Architects? We Don't Need No Stinkin’ Architects! | Michael Stiefel
Michael Stiefel attempts to clear up some misunderstandings regarding the role played by the software architect.
- Is GoldenGate the golden gate? | Michael S. Abbey
"Only time will tell," says Abbey. "I for one would look forward to the opportunity to get my hands dirty with this technology..."
- Oracle JRockit Mission Control 4.1 released | Markus Eisele
"The 4.1 version is a minor version upgrade which directly follow the 4.0.1 which was released way back middle 2010," says Eisele. "But even if the version number indicates, it's a minor upgrade, you still find tons of new features in it."
- Java Spotlight Episode 59: Alan Bateman on the NIO2 APIs in JDK 7 | Roger Brinkley
New on the Java Spotlight Podcast.
- Using Oracle Coherence with Spring Batch for High-Performance Data Processing | Vijay Nair
Vijay Nair illustrates how using the Spring Batch framework, in combination with a multithreaded approach to data loading, can improve the manageability and performance Coherence-based applications.
- Implementing Web Services backed by a Database PL/SQL API using the Oracle Service Bus | Lucas Jellema
This article accompanies an article on the Architecture section of Oracle Technology Network (OTN): Implementing the Enterprise Service Bus Pattern to Expose Database Backed Services. It provides a detailed description of the implementation of the ESB architecture design pattern.
- Podcast Show Notes: SOA Made Simple - Part 3/3
The final segment of the ArcBeat interview with Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans and Ronald van Luttikhuizen, in which they discuss discuss the architect community in the Netherlands, and preview some of the exclusive OTN content they are working on.