ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 12/09/2011
By OTN ArchBeat on Dec 09, 2011
- How capacity management changes in the cloud | David Linthicum
Resources have different availability and costs in the cloud, and the models don't yet reflect that variation.
- Exalogic: The Optimal Platform for Oracle ATG Web Commerce | Michael Hylton
Increasing conversion rates in an ever-more competitive e-commerce environment is critical to ensuring success in a fragmented and global e-commerce landscape.
- Webcast: Zero-Downtime Migration to Oracle Exadata Using Oracle GoldenGate: A Customer Case Study Thurs., December 15, 2011 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET. Speakers: Speakers: Alok Pareek (Vice President, Product Management/Development, Oracle Data Integration) and John F. Martin (CEO of Emerging Markets and CTO, IQNavigator).
- Automating Remote Deployment to Oracle WebLogic from Hudson | Duncan Mills
"Rather than using the deploy step in a Hudson FreeStyle project, we need to add a normal build step at the end of the chain to handle the WebLogic deployment," says Mills. "Now as it happens, this is pretty easy to do."
- New Oracle Solaris 11 Launch Videos: Engineering and Customer Panels | Larry Wake
Larry Wake shares links to three videos from the Oracle Solaris 11 launch: the executive keynote, an engineer panel, and a customer panel.
- Wednesday Wizardry | Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen explores the similarities between real-world enterprise SOA development and doing a live demonstration of enterprise SOA development in front of an audience at UKOUG.
- Oracle WebLogic 12c; SOA Made Simple; Architects Putting on the Ritz in AZ
This week on the OTN Architect Home Page.
- Neat pro-tip for getting the ECID in BPEL
"Are you writing a BPEL process and want to get the ECID for the process instance for some reason? Maybe you're building a homebrew tracking mechanism or something. Maybe you want to write it to the database for later reference."
- We all now work for software companies: The lines just keep blurring | Joe McKendrick
"What's really happening is not that IT is dissolving," says McKendrick, "it's that the entire enterprise is becoming IT."
- Introduction to Cloud Security Architecture from a Cloud Consumer's Perspective | Subra Kumaraswamy
Security concerns are the number one barrier to cloud services adoption. How do we evaluate a vendor's solution? What is an optimal security architecture? What are consumer versus provider responsibilities? What are industry standard patterns in this regard? This article by Subra Kumaraswamy answers some of these questions.
- Trust is good, Control is better - Software Architecture Assessment | Michael Stal
Testing is an important means to obtain information about implementations. Likewise, code reviews help to keep the code quality high. What is very common for code, gets sometimes neglected for software architecture. But how can a project team test the architecture itself?