ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 11/30/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 30, 2011
- Coding - the new Latin | @BBCRoryCJ
BBC Technology Correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones reports on why "the campaign to boost the teaching of computer skills - particularly coding - in schools is gathering force."
- BPM Business Value Patterns | SOA Partner Community Blog
Juergen Kress shares the presentation he and Matthias Ziegler from Accenture delivered at the SOA & BPM Integration Days event in Germany in October.
- Coherence 3.7.1 Resources
Busy blogger Juergen Kress shares links to screencasts and other resources for those interested in Oracle Coherence 3.7.1.
- OBIEE 11.1.1 - Introduction to OBIEE 11g Full Sample App
"The OBIEE 11g Full Sample App (FSA) is a comprehensive collection of examples designed to demonstrate the latest Oracle BIEE 11g capabilities and design best practices."
- Solaris 11 Customer Maintenance Lifecycle | Gerry Haskins
Gerry Haskins launches a new blog devoted to Solaris "policies, best practices, clarifications, and lots of other stuff."
- Harnessing Business Events for Predictive Decision Making - part 1 / 3 | Sanjeev Sharma
"Data growth is outpacing storage capacity by a factor of two and computing power is still very much bounded by Moore's Law, doubling only every 18 months," says Sanjeev Sharma.
- The Latest Research from the SEI | Douglas C. Schmidt
Schmidt shares information on several recently published Software Engineering Institute (SEI) technical reports that "highlight the latest work of SEI technologists in Agile methods, insider threat,the SMART Grid Maturity Model, acquisition, and CMMI."
- Tiger/Line Shape Files and Oracle | Bradley D. Brown
"Have you ever needed to load an ESRI "shape file" and wondered if that's an easy effort or a difficult effort? I know I have and I assumed that it was a pretty difficult effort. However, I learned today that's actually pretty easy!" -- Oracle ACE Director Bradley Brown of TUSC.
- Webcast: Enterprise Clouds with Oracle VM
Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 9:00 am PT / Noon ET. Featuring Adam Hawley (Senior Director of Product Management, Oracle) and Dan Herrup (Principal Systems Engineer, Oracle Corporate Citizenship).
- SOA Made Simple; Architects in AZ; Cloud Migration Introduction
This week on the Architect Home Page on OTN.