ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 11/11/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 11, 2011
- 3 SOA business cases, explained in a 2-minute elevator speech | Joe McKendrick
Impress your CEO — maybe even the CFO — with some quick examples of SOA making a difference to the business.
- ADF Faces - a logic bomb in the order of bean instantiations | Chris Muir
Oracle ACE Director Chris Muir shares the details on "an interesting ADF logic bomb" discovered by one of his colleagues.
- 5 key trends in cloud computing's future | David Linthicum
"'Cloud computing' will become just 'computing' at some point," says Linthicum, "but it will still be around as an approach to computing."
- What's New with XBRL? | John O'Rourke
John O'Rourke shares highlights and key take-aways from the XBRL US Conference in Nashville and the XBRL International Conference in Montreal.
- Siri-ous Business: Enterprise Apps and Global UX Considerations | Ultan O'Broin
Ultan O'Broin ponders "the enterprise applications user experience (UX) implications of Siri" and "the global UX aspects to the Siri potential."
- These are 11 of my favorite things! | Mike Gerdts
Gerdts introduces his 11 favorite things about zones in Solaris 11.
- The Power of Social Recommendations | Peter Reiser
"Do you really want to invest to drive YOUR audience trough public social networks," asks Reiser, "or do you want to have YOUR audience on your own social network which is seamless integrated with your web properties and business applications."
- Fourth Key Attribute of Cloud Computing - Provisioning | Tom Laszewski
"Self-service provisioning of computing infrastructure in a cloud infrastructure is also very desirable as it can cut down the time it takes to deploy new infrastructure for a new application or scale up/down infrastructure for an existing application," says Tom Laszewski.
- Oracle Utilities Application Framework Whitepaper List as of November 2011 | Anthony Shorten
Anthony Shorten shares an updated and nicely detailed list of Oracle Utilities Application Framework white papers.
- Down from the Tower; Information Integration Conversation; By the Time the Architects get to Phoenix
This week on the Oracle Technology Network Architect Home Page.