ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for November 27, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 27, 2013
- Video Tutorial: Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c: Configure a Host with Privilege Delegation
How long will it take you to learn to configure a host with privilege delegation? About 4.5 minutes -- if you watch this new, free video from the Oracle Learning Library.
- UKOUG Tech 2013 WebLogic Hackathon - Server Provisioning using Puppet | Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen shares information on the WebLogic Hackathon, a stream in next week's UKOUG Tech 2013, in which "participants can perform a scripted installation and configuration of Oracle WebLogic Server 12c." The post includes a tech example.
- JavaFX Integration Strategies | Adam Bien
With lambdas and support for asynchronous communication, JavaFX introduces new integration possibilities for back-end services. Get the details in this new article from Java Champion Adam Bien.
- Internet of Things (IoT) Thanksgiving Special: Turkey Tweeter (Part 4) | Hinkmond Wong
Part 4 in Hinkmond Wong's series describes how to use Java SE Embedded code to "automatically send an Internet of Things (IoT) tweet from your Raspberry Pi attached to your cooking turkey to a Twitter account."
- A Few New Concept Demos | Jake Kuramoto
Jake introduces two cool new experimental demo projects from the newest members of the AppsLab team.
- Live WebCast: What's New in Exadata X4 | Juan Loaiza
Oracle Systems Technology Senior Vice President Juan Loaiza discusses Exadata hardware and software updates to increase performance, enhance availability and expand manageability. Tuesday December 3, 2013. 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET. Register now.
Thought for the Day
"The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it."
— Bill Nye, science guy.
(Born November 27, 1955)