ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for October 17, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 17, 2013
- Oracle Author Podcast: Danny Coward on "Java WebSocket Programming"
In this Oracle Author Podcast Roger Brinkley talks with Java architect Danny Coward about his new book, Java WebSocket Programming, now available from Oracle Press.
- Webcast: Why Choose Oracle Linux for your Oracle Database 12c Deployments
Sumanta Chatterjee, VP Database Engineering for Oracle discusses advantages of choosing Oracle Linux for Oracle Database, including key optimizations and features, and talks about tools to simplify and speed deployment of Oracle Database on Linux, including Oracle VM Templates, Oracle Validated Configurations, and pre-install RPM.
- Oracle BI Apps 184.108.40.206.1 – GoldenGate Integration - Part 1: Introduction | Michael Rainey
Michael Rainey launches a series of posts that guide you through "the architecture and setup for using GoldenGate with OBIA 220.127.116.11.1."
- Should your team use a framework? | Sten Vesterli
"Some developers have an aversion to frameworks, feeling that it will be faster to just write everything themselves," observes Oracle ACE Director Sten Vesterli. He explains why that's a very bad idea in this short post.
- Free Poster: Adaptive Case Management in Practice
Thanks to Masons of SOA member Danilo Schmiedel for providing a hi-res copy of the Adaptive Case Management poster, now available for download from the OTN ArchBeat Blog.
- Oracle Internal Testing Overview: Understanding How Rigorous Oracle Testing Saves Time and Effort During Deployment
Want to understand Oracle Engineering's internal product testing methodology? This white paper takes you behind the curtain.
Thought for the Day
"If I see an ending, I can work backward."
— Arthur Miller, American playwright
(October 17, 1915 – February 10, 2005)