ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for October 8, 2013
By OTN ArchBeat on Oct 08, 2013
- Musings on Fusion Middleware @ Oracle OpenWorld 2013 | Howard Beader
Oracle Fusion Middleware VP Howard Beader recaps product announcements at OOW13.
- Java 8 – Collection enhancements leveraging Lambda Expressions – or: How Java emulates SQL | Lucas Jellema
The Java 8 release extends Collection APIs with the notion of Streams to make great use of Lambda expressions. Lucas Jellema's article shows some examples of what this means, "leading up to the revelation that under certain circumstances Java is very similar to SQL."
- Going Mobile with ADF – Running ADF Faces on Mobile Phones and Tablets | Steven Davelaar
Steven Davelaar's article, the second in a series, provides tips and techniques to optimize rendering of ADF Faces applications on mobile devices.
- Video Interview: Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema on SOA, Middleware, DevOps
Oracle ACE Director and AMIS Services CTO Lucas Jellema talks about SOA, DevOps, and Agile, and describes his work in a project for the Dutch Ministry of Justice that involves a massive transformation from a mid-90s-style architecture to a modern service-oriented architecture based on Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Free Workbook: "Consolidation to DBaaS in the Cloud"
The free "Consolidation to Private Cloud DBaaS" workbook provides information and advice on deploying your assets on a private database cloud, improving service levels, and reduce capital and operating costs. Access to the workbook also includes access to a video on how Garmin uses Oracle Exadata. Registration required.
Thought for the Day
"I would rather have a million friends than a million dollars."
— Eddie Rickenbacker, American World War One flying ace.
(October 8, 1890 – July 23, 1973)