ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for August 30, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 30, 2013
- Smart View hangs on Studio Drill through issue | Glenn Schwartzberg
Business Intelligence expert and Oracle ACE Director Glenn Schwartzberg shares insight gained in discovering that the solution to a problem was something that made no sense.
- Visualizing the Coherence Datagram Test | Andy Nguyen
Where does he find the time? Here's another post from solution architect Andy Nguyen, this time covering the Coherence Datagram Test, a tool that "sends and receives UDP packets between two ore more machines to evaluate the health and performance of the network between those machines."
- Podcast: "Getting Started with Oracle SOA B2B Integration"
In this Oracle Author Podcast, Krishnaprem Bhatia, Alan Perlovsky, and Scott Haaland talk about their new book, "Getting Started with Oracle SOA B2B Integration: A Hands-On Tutorial."
- Bulk loading a Coherence cache from an Oracle Database | Andy Nguyen
Solution architect Andy Nguyen shares tech tips on using the Coherence Invocation Service when pre-loading data from an Oracle Database table into an Oracle Coherence cache.
- Webcast: SANS Institute Analyst Review: Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
Most organizations do a lousy job of monitoring unauthorized changes to their databases. In this webcast SANS Institute senior instructor Tanya Baccam will discuss the importance of monitoring database activity for security and compliance and will offer her review of Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall.
- How to Recover the RPD Repository Password in Fusion Applications or OBIEE | Richard Williams
Without an RPD Repository Password the BI Administration tool can't open the RPD file, and the RPD file cannot be published. Solution architect Richard Williams' article provides the steps on how to retrieve the password should it be lost or forgotten.
- Podcast: Java EE 7, HTML 5, and Mobile App Development - Part 2
Two Java evangelists, an Oracle ADF expert, and an EclipseLink project lead walk into a room... There's no punchline, but there is 10 minutes of insightful conversation about how Java developers can leverage their existing skills to get their piece of the mobile app development pie.
Thought for the Day
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
— Warren Buffett, American business magnate
(Born August 30, 1930r)