ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for August 27, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 27, 2013
- Coherence 12.1.2 Overview | Brad Posner
Want a video overview of what's new in Oracle Coherence 12.1.2? You're in luck! Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Brad Posner's post includes several videos from the Oracle Coherence YouTube channel.
- Is Java Riskier than C/C++? | Jon Jarboe
Jon Jarboe shares his insight in this thoughtful and thought-provoking post.
- Sample COBOL Program for VIEW Buffer | Jerome Cheng
This post from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jerome Cheng provides sample COBOL Client and C server programs illustrating the use of the VIEW buffer type which exchanges VIEW messages with C programs in Tuxedo.
- YouTube Video: Design - ADF Reusable Artifacts | Chris Muir
In this ADF Architecture TV video Chris Muir discusses "the primary moving pieces that you need to consider when defining the design of your application."
- WebLogic 12c Starting and Stopping | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk looks at "the various options WebLogic provides to start and stop server instances."
- Custom Jersey WADL generation | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond describes a problem he encountered and shares the steps he followed to correct the problem.
- ADF BC Locking Lifetime and Application Module Pooling | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis demonstrates "why you should avoid using ADF BC lock method to reserve current row by the user," and shares a sample application.
- YouTube Video: Managed Coherence Servers | Pyounguk Cho
This video clip introduces Managed Coherence Servers and demonstrates configuration steps for the 12.1.2 releases of Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Coherence.
Thought for the Day
"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
— Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States
(August 27, 1908 – January 22, 1973)