ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 11/07/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 07, 2011
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, OEPE 188.8.131.52
This certified set of Eclipse plug-ins is designed to help develop, deploy and debug applications for Oracle WebLogic Server. It installs as a plug-in to your existing Eclipse, or will install Eclipse for you, and supports your favorite server or servlet engine.
- Giving Kick-Ass Presentations In The Age Of Social Media | Drew Neisser "It was painful to watch. Jon Bond, the former ad giant turned social media honcho, was actually getting heckled at the Pivot Conference. When faced with what was a feisty crowd to begin with, Bond admitting that he “didn’t like Twitter” was like throwing fresh meat at rabid dogs." - Drew Neisser, writing in Fast Company.
- Why you should never create objects under SYS | Dirk Nachbar
Oracle ACE Dirk Nachbar illustrates "why you should not allow the creation of application related objects under the SYS schema."
- NZOUG / ODTUG SP Sydney Wrapup | Tim Tow
Tim Tow offers his recap of what he calls "a great conference."
- November 8th: Oracle Open World Debrief | Ruben Spekle
On November 8th 2011, the OBUG (Benelux User Group) and Capgemini will present an Oracle Open World Debrief -- 5 days of OpenWorld recapped in 150 minutes.
- 3 surefire ways to screw up cloud computing | David Linthicum
Linthicum says: "As best practices continue to emerge, so are the things that will kill your cloud project -- guaranteed."
- EclipseCon Europe - Java 7 in the Enterprise | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele offers a recap of his EclipseCon presentations and shares links to his slides.
- ESPN and others sharing their GlassFish production stories | The Aquarium
The entire set of GlassFish user stories from this year's community event at JavaOne is now available, including that of ESPN's Sean Comerford.
- Justifying the ROI of SOA in 10 Seconds | Bruce Tierney
"After years of internally disjointed and overlapping application integration efforts, you are convinced the time has come for an enterprise-wide SOA deployment...but how do you convince your CIO, CFO, and other executives to make the serious commitment of resources and funding?" asks Tierney.
- Solaris Security Resources on OTN | Rick Ramsey
OTN's Rick Ramsey shares links to several white papers and other Solaris resources available from the Oracle Technology Network.