ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for July 23, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 23, 2013
- New: Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2
Get the details on the release of Oracle WebLogic 12.1.2, part of the Oracle Cloud Application Foundation launch. And if you prefer to watch rather than read, register for the webcast on July 31 with speakers Cameron Purdy, Ajay Patel, and Mike Lehmann.
- Creativity and Collaboration | Billy Cripe
"In many ways we’re the victims of our own technological success," say Oracle ACE and Enterprise 2.0 expert Billy Cripe. "The industrial and information revolutions are said to have shrunk the planet. That’s a lie. They extended our reach but they did not shrink and they did not simplify."
- Automate WebLogic 12.1.2 Deployment | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE and Fusion Middleware specialist Rene van Wijk sheds light on deployment details specific to deployment of the latest WebLogic release.
- Choose the design for this year's OTN T-Shirt
You may already have a closet full of OTN t-shirts. But did anyone ever ask you what any of those shirts should look like? No! Well those days are over. Now you can cast your vote for one of three designs for this year's OTN Oracle OpenWorld t-shirt. But you'd better hurry - voting closes soon.
- The Java EE 7 Tutorial | Oracle Learning Library
Check out this free guide to developing enterprise applications for the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 7 (Java EE 7) using GlassFish Server Open Source Edition.
- Executive Moves | Richard Veryard
When is business architecture like professional soccer? Richard Veryard explains.
- Video: Avoiding JSF and ADF Lifecycle Frustrations | ADF Insider
In this YouTube video Frank Nimphius is your guide to gaining "a core understanding of the JSF and the ADF Faces lifecycle."
- PeopleTools Automated Environment Configuration | Hakan Biroglu
A trial version of PeopleTools Automated Environment Configuration was included with Oracle PeopleTools 8.53. Oracle ACE Hakan Biroglu explains how it works and shares some tech tips.
- Install Siebel Web Server Extension (SWES) 22.214.171.124 : Install Siebel (UCM/OCH) Part IV | Atul Kumar
The fourth installment in Oracle ACE and apps specialist Atul Kumar's how-to series.
Thought for the Day
"Chess is as elaborate a waste of human intelligence as you can find outside an advertising agency."
— Raymond Chandler
(July 23, 1888 – March 26, 1959)