ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 11/03/2011
By OTN ArchBeat on Nov 03, 2011
- White Paper: MySQL Enterprise Edition Product Guide
This white paper describes how you can leverage MySQL Enterprise Edition to reduce the risk, cost, and complexity in developing, deploying, and managing your business-critical MySQL applications. (Requires MySQL Developer Zone login/registration.)
- Article Series: Migrating Spring to Java EE 6 | Arun Gupta
Arun Gupta highlights some advantages of the Java EE 6 platform.
- Welcome to the (System) Developer's Edge | Darryl Gove
Previously out of print, Darryl Gove's book The Developer's Edge is now available as a PDF.
- The IT Jobs Cloud Computing Will Create | Bernard Golden
"The reason Gartner (and many others) are wrong about cloud computing's effect on employment," says Golden, "is that they assume this disruption is unleashed in a static environment."
- SOA, cloud: it's the architecture that matters | Joe McKendrick
For success in deploying cloud services, look no further than what we have already done with service oriented architecture.
- Software Architecture in the Movies | Michael Stal
Interesting list of videos available on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Interview and Book Review: Documenting Software Architectures: Views and Beyond, 2nd Edition
InfoQ's Srini Penchikala interviews Paulo Merson, co-author of Documenting Software Architectures: Views and Beyond, on software architecture documentation and how it can help the design of software applications.
- A conversation with The Advisory Council's Peter Schay
"Sitting in an office and running IT from there is not going to be successful," says Schay in this interview with Rebekah Sellers.