ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for July 11, 2013
By OTN ArchBeat on Jul 11, 2013
- Live Webcast: 12c releases of Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence, Oracle Enterprise Manager
Check out this live webcast on July 31, 2013 for technical deep dives and demonstrations of the new 12c releases of Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Oracle developer tools. Features speakers Cameron Purdy, Mike Lehmann, and Ajay Patel
- Service Enabling the Tuxedo BankApp Sample with Oracle SALT | Yi Zhao
Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Yi Zhao kicks off a series on Oracle SALT with a post that looks at what it takes to enable a Tuxedo application, and some background on how service discovery has simplified the enablement process.
- Achitecture to ‘probe’ components of an end-to-end application | Robert van Mölken and Tim Askamp
This post by AMIS Technology bloggers describes an application they built that checks the individual components within an application to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Grow Up, Branch Out: Oracle Database Appliance in action
This David A. Kelly article from Oracle Magazine offers details on the role Oracle Database Appliance plays in the architectures of three very different companies: Aon eSolutions (London), Yodlee (Redwood City), and MediSwitch (Johannesburg).
- Performing server maintenance in the Exalogic Virtual Datacenter - part I | Jos Nijhoff
Jos Nijhoff's post explores "the options Exalogic Virtual Datacenter (vDC) administrators have when maintenance has to be performed on one or more Exalogic compute nodes (physical servers in an Exalogic serverpool)."
- Current date and time in XLST under Oracle Service Bus | Martien van den Akker
Martien van den Akker's short post offers insight into how be built what he describes as " quite complex transformations in OSB."
- MDS XML versus MUDE Part 4: Simple Multi-Branch Development | Stewart Bryson
Stewart Bryson demonstrates "what multi-user development without MUDE would look like using Git as our version control system (VCS)."
- The Case for Running Oracle Database 12c on Oracle Solaris | Rick Ramsey
Rick Ramsey makes the case with a useful list of links to articles and other Solaris resources.
Thought for the Day
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
— E. B. White
(July 11, 1899 – October 1, 1985)