ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for July 10, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 10, 2013
- Oracle Identity Manager 11g R2 Bundle Patch 08 is Available! | Mustafa Kaya
Download the patch and get a list of fixes in this post by Mustafa Kaya.
- How to Examine the SQL in a BI Answers Report | Richard Williams
"In a standalone OBIEE environment, or within the Analytics Reporting home page of Fusion Applications, there may be occasions where it would be useful to find the SQL being generated against the underlying database by the BI Presentation Server," says Richard Williams. His post presents one method to locate this SQL.
- Accelerating Hadoop/Hive OBIEE Queries Using Exalytics and the Summary Advisor | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman explains how to use TimesTen for Exalytics and the Summary Advisor to cache aggregations from Hadoop data sources into memory.
- Failure is not an option for Netflix's service-oriented architecture | Joe McKendrick
"One of the beauties of a service oriented architecture, if designed well, is loose coupling," says ZDNet SOA blogger Joe McKendrick. "An IT infrastructure and applications are deployed as independent components. If one element or service fails or is changed, other components in the service chain are unaffected."
- Key Takeaway Points and Lessons Learned from QCon New York 2013 | Abel Avram
Abel Avram shares several highlights from the recent QCon event in NYC, and also includes some of the Twitter chatter generated by attendees.
- The Architecture Twitter Uses to Deal with 150M Active Users, 300K QPS, a 22 MB/S Firehose, and Send | Todd Hoff
There's nothing about Oracle in Todd Hoff's article, but it's a fascinating look at what makes Twitter keep ticking.
- Joining Static WHERE Clause and View Criteria | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describes how you can "reuse a complex WHERE clause and use ADF View Criteria to capture user criteria params only."
Thought for the Day
"You're forced to learn whether you want to or not."
— Jake LaMotta
(Born July 10, 1921)
Source: Esquire interview