ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for July 2, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 02, 2013
- One Week To Go: OTN Architect Day: Cloud Computing - July 9, 2013, Redwood Shores, CA.
The first OTN Architect Day event of 2013 happens in just one week, on Tuesday July 9 at the Oracle Conference Center in Redwood Shores, CA. Registration is free and you get three sessions by three experts on cloud computing in the real world — plus a panel Q&A for answers to all of your questions. Register now!
- Oracle Database 12c: Flashback Moving Forward | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's latest of several recent blog posts dealing with various aspects of the recently released Oracle Database 12c.
- Detroit, Embracing New Auto Technologies, Seeks App Builders
This story from the New York Times paints a rosy picture indeed for app developers as the internet of things continues to evolve.
- Advanced View Criteria Implementation in ADF BC | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis' post focuses on advanced declarative View Criteria features.
- JDeveloper: Showing a Popup when Selecting an af:selectOneRadio | Timo Hahn
Oracle ACE Timo Hahn illustrates a use case in which a popup is displayed each time the user clicks on one of the radio buttons of a button group.
- Can Technology Innovation Save The New York Times?
One of the standout keynotes from the recent QCon New York event, this presentation by New York Times Sr. VP/CIO Marc Frons and CTO/VP Rajiv Pant paints a detailed portrait of the complete transformation of an organization -- not just the IT. Enterprise architects will find this particularly interesting.
- Video: Meet Growing IT Demand for Databases with Private DBaaS
Do you understand the difference between traditional database deployment and database as a service? If not, you'll want to check out this video, which includes an overview of Oracle Enterprise Manager's capabilities for rapid deployment of DBaaS. S
- Webcast: Zero-Downtime Migration to Oracle Exadata Using Oracle GoldenGate: A Customer Case Study
Presenters Alok Pareek (VP, Product Management/Development, Oracle Data Integration) and John F. Martin (CEO of Emerging Markets and CTO IQNavigator) discuss how IQNavigator is using Oracle GoldenGate with Oracle Exadata.
- Free eBook: Building a Database Cloud for Dummies
This free quick-reference guide, organized into six short chapters and supplemented with helpful illustrations, provides a clear overview of the cloud and step-by-step instructions on deploying database as a service. (Registration required.)
Thought for the Day
"My motto is: Live every day to the fullest – in moderation."
— Lindsay Lohan
(Born July 2, 1986)