ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for December 11, 2012
By OTN ArchBeat on Dec 11, 2012
- Good To Know - Conflicting View Objects and Shared Entity | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares his thoughts—and a sample application—dealing with an "interesting ADF behavior" encountered over the weekend.
- Patching Oracle Exalogic - Updating Linux on the Compute Nodes - Part 1 | Jos Nijhoff
Jos Nijhoff launches a series of posts the deal with "patching the operating system on the modified Sun Fire X4170 M2 servers...dubbed compute nodes in Exalogic terminology."
- Expanding on requestaudit - Tracing who is doing what...and for how long | Kyle Hatlestad
"One of the most helpful tracing sections in WebCenter Content (and one that is on by default) is the requestaudit tracing," says Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team architect Kyle Hatlestad. Get up close and technical in his post.
- Oracle Data Integrator Presentation from NYOUG Webinar | Gurcan Orhan
Oracle ACE Director and award-winning data warehouse architect Gurcan Orhan shares his presentation from the recent NYOUG LI SIG.
- SOA 11g Technology Adapters – ECID Propagation | Greg Mally
"Many SOA Suite 11g deployments include the use of the technology adapters for various activities including integration with FTP, database, and files to name a few," says Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team member Greg Mally. "Although the integrations with these adapters are easy and feature rich, there can be some challenges from the operations perspective." Greg's post focuses on technical tips for dealing with one of these challenges.
- Missing Duties for RUP3 upgrade in Fusion Applications
Richard from the Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team explains how to safely apply policy store changes in thirteen easy steps.
Thought for the Day
"Well over half of the time you spend working on a project (on the order of 70 percent) is spent thinking, and no tool, no matter how advanced, can think for you."