ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for December 4, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 04, 2012
- Exalogic 2.0.1 Tea Break Snippets - Creating and using Distribution Groups | The Old Toxophilist
"Although in many cases we, as Cloud Users, may not be to worried how the Virtualisation Algorithm decides where to place our vServers," says The Old Toxopholist, "there are cases where it is extremely important that vServers run on distinct physical compute nodes." There's plenty more on the subject in his blog post.
- Oracle Endeca (2.3) Record Level Security | Adam Seed
Adam Sneed's blog post covers "the basics of security within Endeca Information Discovery, as these basic security objects are required in order to explain the implementation of record level security."
- ODI Handling DQ | Gurcan Orhan
Oracle ACE Director Gurcan Orhan suggests you have fun with these scripts for Oracle Data Integrator.
- Parleys Testimonial at GlassFish Community Event - JavaOne 2012
Video of Parley's webmaster Stephan Janssen's presentation at the GlassFish Community Event at JavaOne 2012, in which he explains why Parley's moved from Tomcat to GlassFish.
- Java Spotlight Episode 109: Pete Muir on CDI 1.1
This edition of Roger Brinkley's Java Spotlight Podcast features an interview with CDI 1.1 spec lead Pete Muir of JBoss/Red Hat. Muir talks about the features in CDI 1.1 and what to expect in the future.
- Webcast: Java Management Extensions with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c
Dr. Frank Munz and Dave Cabelus do the talking in this on-demand webcast focused on Oracle WebLogic Server 12c with Java Management Extensions (JMX).
- Using the Coherence API to get Portable Object Format bytes | Bruno Borges
Bruno Borges shares a code snippet that illustrates how easy it is to use the Coherence API.
Thought for the Day
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."