ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for November 29, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 29, 2012
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud: Advanced I/O Virtualization Architecture for Consolidating High-Performance Workloads
This new white paper by Adam Hawley (with contributions from Yoav Eilat) describes in great detail the incorporation into Oracle Exalogic of virtualized InfiniBand I/O interconnects using Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) technology.
- Developing Spring Portlet for use inside Weblogic Portal / Webcenter Portal | Murali Veligeti
A detailed technical post with supporting downloads from Murali Veligeti.
- Business SOA: When to shout, the art of constructive destruction
Communication skills are essential for architects. Sometimes that means raising your voice. Steve Jones shares some tips for effective communication when the time comes to let it all out.
- Centralized Transaction Management for ADF Data Control | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director and prolific blogger Andrejus Baranovskis shares instructions and a sample application to illustrate how to implement centralized Commit/Rollback management in an ADF application.
- Collaborative Police across multiple stakeholders and jurisdictions | Joop Koster
Capgemini Oracle Solution Architect Joop Koster raises some interesting IT issues regarding the challenges facing international law enforcement.
- Architected Systems: "If you don't develop an architecture, you will get one anyway…"
"Can you build a system without taking care of architecture?" asks Manuel Ricca. "You certainly can. But inevitably the system will be unbalanced, neglecting the interests of key stakeholders, and problems will soon emerge."
Thought for the Day
"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. "
Source: Quotes for Software Engineers