ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for November 16, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 16, 2012
- X.509 Certificate Revocation Checking Using OCSP protocol with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c | Abhijit Patil
Abhijit Patil's article focuses on how to use X.509 Certificate Revocation Checking Functionality with the OCSP protocol to validate in-bound certificates. Although this article focuses on inbound OCSP validation using OCSP, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c also supports outbound OCSP validation.
- Leveraging Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management for Everyday BI Needs
"Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management (OSSM) is built-upon the premise that a scorecard system should not be separate from the BI system, like many comparable tools are today," says author Kevin McGinely. "Instead of a separate application with its own data, its own data definitions, and its own front-end, Oracle made the choice to integrate OSSM directly into OBIEE."
- Applying BI for personal productivity recognition and gamification | Capgemini Oracle Blog
"It is quite obvious that if you want people to participate you need an appealing and intuitive user interface," says Capgemini's Henk Vermeulen in this interesting exploration of gamification in the enterprise.
- Build and release OSB projects with Maven | Edwin Biemond
"With Maven we are able to build and deploy OSB projects," says Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond. "The artifacts generated by Maven called snaphosts and releases can be automatically uploaded to a software repository. These versioned OSB jars can then be downloaded by the OSB Servers and deployed." Biemond shows you how in this detailed technical post.
- ADF Generator for Dynamic ADF BC and ADF UI | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis' post is an extension of his OOW12 presentation, "Oracle ADF Implementations Around the Globe: Best Practices," and includes the sample application he promised to share.
- Service-oriented organizations have a head start in the cloud race | ZDNet
ZDNet SOA blogger Joe McKendrick offers a snapshot of a recent report Forrester analyst James Staten.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Security: X509 Fallback to Form | Debasish Bhattacharya
Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team architect Debasish Bhattacharya shares a solution that resulted from brainstorming with colleagues Chris Johnson and Brian Eidelman. "The solution is not very difficult," says Bhattacharya, "though it needs some additional configurations and coding." It's all presented in this detailed post.
- Agile Architecture | David Sprott
"There is ample evidence that Agile Architecture is a primary contributor to business agility, yet we do not have a well understood architecture management system that integrates with Agile methods," observes David Sprott in this extensive post.
Thought for the Day
"Operating systems are like underwear — nobody really wants to look at them."
— Bill Joy