ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 10/27/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 27, 2011
- Top 3 Ways to Leverage Oracle GoldenGate with MySQL Databases | Irem Radzik
"The most common ways Oracle GoldenGate is used with MySQL are real-time data warehousing, real-time reporting, and query offloading."
- Java Spotlight Episode 53: Mark Reinhold, Chief Architect of the Java Platform Group
Interview with Mark Reinhold, Chief Architect of the Java Platform Group on Java 7 and the future of Java SE.
- Ten Interview Questions for Enterprise Architects | James McGovern
McGovern shares "ten questions you should ask of enterprise architect candidates as part of the interview process."
- Oracle Solaris 11 Launch | Markus Weber
Live event in NYC on November 9.
- Official Oracle SOA Suite 11g Samples have a new home | Simone Geib
Includes samples for Adapters, B2B, BAM, BPEL PM, BPM, Business Rules, CEP, Human Workflow, Mediator, and more.
- Inside the Oracle Database Cloud Service | Oracle Technology Network Blog
"The Oracle Public Cloud includes a number of different components, including applications, such as Fusion Apps, and platform services, including a Java Cloud Service and a Database Cloud Service."
- Oracle white paper: Big Data for the Enterprise
"More and more companies are looking to include non-traditional yet potentially very valuable data with their traditional enterprise data..."
- Oracle NoSQL Database, Java-based (The Aquarium)
Links to several resources, including a product data sheet and a "detailed and quality write-up" by Daniel Abadi.
- Recipe for Success: Oracle Database Appliance video | Claudia McDonald
A 30-minute video about Oracle Database Appliance.
- SOA implementation; Optimized database solution; Why the Cloud matters.
This week on the OTN Architect Home Page.