ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-08-24
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 24, 2012
- GlassFish Community Event at JavaOne 2012
Don't miss out on this exclusive GlassFish Community Event on Sunday, September 30th from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Moscone South. Register Now! Part of JavaOne 2012.
- Comparing OBIEE Administration Tool Options – 10g vs 11g | Art of Business Intelligence
The Oracle BI Repository Options have changed in the OBIEE 11g release. In his latest post Oracle ACE Christian Screen highlights the differences between the Administration Tool's "Options…"
- Sample Application for Switching Application Module Data Sources | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director, ADF expert, and prolific blogger Andrejus Baranovskis strikes again with a new sample application and how-to guide.
- Live WebCast: Building Java EE in the Cloud
Anand Kothari, Principal Product Manager for Oracle Cloud Java Service and Larry Carvahlo, Principal Analyst at Robust Cloud, LLC, discuss the evolution of the cloud, and how Oracle Cloud Java Service enables enterprises to make transformational changes. Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 10am PT/1pm ET. Part of the Oracle WebLogic DevCast Series.
- OIM 11g R2 & X.509 authentication | Daniel Gralewski
Oracle Fusion Middleware Security A-Team blogger Daniel Gralewski discusses some of the improvements in the recently released OIM 11g R2, and describes how to configure X.509 authentication using WebLogic/OIM.
- WebLogic JDBC Use of Oracle Wallet and tnsnames.ora | Steve Felts
Steve Felts describes using the Oracle wallet to store database credentials for WebLogic Server datasource definition.
- Hierarchical Navigation and Faceted Search on Top of Oracle Coherence | Ilya Katsov
Ilya Katsov describes the major architectural decisions made and techniques used in the design of a backend for one large online retailer.
- Joining the Existing Cluster in Coherence | A. Fuat Sungur
Ahmet Fuat Sungur continues his series on Oracle Coherence with an explanation of the parameter settings necessary to join a member to an existing cluster.
- Exalogic Virtual Datacenter live at Qualogy | Jos Nijhoff
"Apart from some small inconveniences and minor issues I can tell you it all went remarkably well," says Jos Nijhoff, "provided you do proper homework on the prerequisite requirements and you stick to the instructions all the way through." Get the whole story in Jos's post.
Thought for the Day
"When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only of how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
— R. Buckminster Fuller
(July 12, 1895 – July 1, 1983)