ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-08-14
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 14, 2012
- Oracle Technology Network | Architect Community
This week's features on the Oracle Technology Network Architect homepage include a new article on Oracle WebLogic RESTful Management Services, a new white paper on Leveraging Governance to Sustain Enterprise Architecture Efforts, and part 3 of a 4-part conversation with SOA guru Thomas Erl and Oracle SOA experts Tim Hall and Demed L'Her about the growing interest in IT architect training and certification despite the ongoing animosity toward architects.
- Oracle is Sponsoring LinuxCon North America 2012 (Oracle's Linux Blog) Party with the Penguin! Oracle's Wim Coekaerts and Mark Sunday will be keynote speakers at this year's LinuxCon (Aug 29-31 in San Diego, CA). Registration is still open.
- GaaS (Gaming as a Service) at Electronic Arts (EA) (Oracle SOA Suite - Team Blog)
Profit Magazine may not be on your regular reading list, but based on Oracle SOA Suite team member Bruce Tierney's recommendation you may want to check out the great article on how game giant Electronic Arts took the SOA plunge. (The article does not explain why I totally suck at Battlefield 3.)
- Generating an EJB SDO Service Interface for Oracle SOA Suite
"In Oracle SOA Suite you can use the EJB adapter as a reference or service in your composite applications," says Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond. "The EJB adapter has a flexible binding integration, there are 3 ways for integrating the remote interface with your composite." Biemond shows how to to it by generating a Service Data Object (SDO) service interface on your EJB Session Bean.
- Exploring MDS Explorer | RedStack on WordPress.com
Redstack blogger Mark Nelson shares the results of his experiments with Olivier LeDiouris' MDS Explorer tool.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Security: Simplifying OIM 11g (Chapter Two)
The second article in Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger Alex Lopez's series on tips and tricks for simplifying the use of advanced features in Oracle Identity Manager 11g.
- Oracle WebLogic RESTful Management Services: From Command Line to JavaFX
Hot off the presses! William Markito Oliviera shows how to use Oracle WebLogic 12c RESTful Management to call services from any RESTful client, including different programming languages. His new article illustrates how to get it done with cURL, a Python script, a JavaFX application, and more.
Thought for the Day
"I've never met a human being who would want to read 17,000 pages of documentation, and if there was, I'd kill him to get him out of the gene pool."