ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-07-13
By OTN ArchBeat on Jul 13, 2012
- Simplifying OIM 11g Series (Chapter One) | Alex Lopez
This post by Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger Alex Lopez is the first in a series covering "the design of tools that have the common goal of simplifying or enhancing the functionality provided by OIM 11g." This article this focuses on the design of "a framework that allows business users to define provisioning processes that include approvals, sophisticated approval request routing and advanced user interface customization capabilities."
- Oracle Virtualization at Oracle OpenWorld 2012 Part 2 | Chris Kawalek
More virtualization-focused sessions, labs and other Oracle Openworld 2012 events in the second post in a series from the Oracle Virtualization blogger team.
- Java Architect: How to Modify javac
In this Java Architect article from the latest edition of Java Magazine, Raoul-Gabriel Urma, Janina Voigt, and Marijn Verburg explain the steps for changing javac to implement new language syntax features.
- Java Architect: Fork/Join Framework for Client Java Applications | Josh Marinacci
Learn why Java 7's fork/join framework makes a great match for CPU-intensive client-side applications in this Java Magazine article by Josh Marinacci.
- Java Architect: HotSpot's Hidden Treasure | Poonam Bajaj
Poonam Bajaj writes about the HotSpot Serviceability Agent in the //java/architect section of the current issue of Java Magazine.
- Fast Group Membership Lookups in OID with the orclMemberOf Attribute | Brian Eidelman
Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger Brian Eidelman shares a tip for reducing the time and effort needed to calculate a user’s group memberships in an LDAP directory.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox virtual appliance images for Oracle VM 3.1.1 server and Manager | Wim Coekaerts
Thanks to Wim Coekaerts, Oracle VM VirtualBox appliances for Oracle VM Manager now contain the latest release+patch Oracle VM Manager 3.1.1 build 365. Also new is Oracle VM Server 3.1.1 build 365, a preconfigured server setup.
- Programmatically expanding and collapsing an af:panelSplitter | Steven Davelaar
A concise how-to post, with sample application, from Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger Steven Davelaar.
- Webcast: Introducing Identity Management 11g R2 - July 19
Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012
Time: 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern
Please join Oracle and customer executives for the launch of Oracle Identity Management 11g R2, the breakthrough technology that dramatically expands the reach of identity management to cloud and mobile environments.
Thought for the Day
"It is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth story window on Friday."
— American Proverb