ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-06-19
By OTN ArchBeat on Jun 19, 2012
- Discussion: Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds
A conversation about the similarities and differences between public, private, and hybrid clouds; the connection between cows, condos, and cloud computing; and what architects need to know in order to take advantage of cloud computing. (OTN ArchBeat Podcast transcript)
- InfoQ: Current Trends in Enterprise Mobility
Interesting infographics that show current developments and major trends in enterprise mobility.
- Recap: EMEA User Group Leaders Meeting Latvia May 2012
Tom Scheirsen recaps the recent IOUC event in Riga.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Summer Camps in Lisbon: Includes Advanced ADF Training by Oracle Product Management
This is how IT people deal with the Summertime Blues.
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference: Building Social Business | Oracle WebCenter Blog
Kellsey Ruppel shares a list of E2.0 conference sessions being presented by members of the Oracle community.
- Linux 6 Transparent Huge Pages and Hadoop Workloads | Structured Data
Greg Rahn documents a problem.
- BPM Standard Edition to start your BPM project
"BPM Standard Edition is an entry level BPM offering designed to help organisations implement their first few processes in order to prove the value of BPM within their own organisation."
- Troubleshooting ADF Security 11g Login Page Failure | Andrejus Baranovskis Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis takes a deep dive into one of the most common ADF 11g Security issues.
- It's Alive! - The Oracle OpenWorld Content Catalog It's what you’ve been waiting for—the central repository for information on sessions, demos, labs, user groups, exhibitors, and more.
- 5 minutes or less: Indexing Attributes in OID | Andre Correa
Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger Andre Correa offers help for those who encounter issues when running searches with LDAP filters against OID (Oracle Internet Directory).
- Condos and Clouds: Thinking about Cloud Computng by Looking at Condominiums | Pat Helland
In part two of the OTN ArchBeat Podcast Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds, Oracle Cloud chief architect Mark Nelson mentions an analogy by Pat Helland that compares condos to cloud computing. After some digging I found the October 2011 presentation in which Helland explains that analogy.
Thought for the Day
"I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."
— Dwight Eisenhower
(October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969)
Source: Quotes for Software Engineers