ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-06-15
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 15, 2012
- URGENT BULLETIN: Disable JRE Auto-Update for All E-Business Suite End-Users
All desktop administrators must IMMEDIATELY disable the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Auto-Update option for all Windows end-user desktops connecting to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.0, and 12.1.
- WebLogic JMS / AQ bridge with JBoss AS 7 | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond explains "how you can retrieve JMS messages from JBoss with the help of a WebLogic Foreign Server and how to push messages to JBoss AS with the help of a WebLogic JMS Bridge."
- The Healthy Tension That Mobility Creates | Hernan Capdevila
"Mobile device management in the cloud makes good sense," says Hernan Capdevila. "I don't think IT departments should be hosting device management and managing that complexity. It should be a cloud service."
- OPN: Fusion Middleware Summer Camps in July in Lisbon and Munich
For specialized Oracle Partners. Participation is limited to two people per company at each bootcamp. Registration is first come first serve. Take note of the skill requirements and, prerequisites.
- Podcast: Cows in the Cloud and the importance of standards
In part two of a four-part program Cloud experts Jim Baty, Mark Nelson, William Vambenepe, and Ajay Srivastava explain cows in the cloud and talk about the importance of standards.
- Community members talk about the challenges and opportunities mobile computing presents for IT architects.
Apple has sold 55 million iPads since 2010. Gartner expects a 98% increase in tablet sales in 2012, to 118 million. Nielsen reports that smartphones now account for nearly half of all mobile phones in the U.S., a 38% increase over 2011. And the mobile juggernaut is just getting started.
Thought for the Day
"Why are video games so much better designed than office software? Because people who design video games love to play video games. People who design office software look forward to doing something else on the weekend."