ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-06-14
By OTN ArchBeat on Jun 14, 2012
- Duke's Choice Award Nominations Close Friday! | The Java Source
The Duke's Choice Awards celebrate extreme innovation in the world of Java technology. Nominate an individual, a group or company who show the best in Java innovation. Nominate at Java.net/dukeschoice. Nominations are open until this Friday, June 15.
- Whole Lotta Virtualization Goin' On | Rick Ramsey
The OTN Garage's Rick Ramsey shares a list of recent Virtualization articles available on OTN, along with a link to a video by The Killer, Mr Jerry Lee Lewis.
- A Pragmatic Path to Navigating your Infrastructure to the Cloud | The WebLogic Server Blog
Ruma Sanyal offers an overview of a recent Oracle webcast featuring Gartner VP and Distinguished Analyst Andy Butler and Vice President and Gartner Fellow Massimo Pezzini.
- Migrating C/C++ embedded SQL code | Tom Laszewski
Cloud migration expert Tom Laszewski explains the how-to in 5 easy steps.
- Aetna Dumps Its Siloed Enterprise Architecture for SOA | CIO.com
CIO writer Stephanie Overby tells the story of how one major health insurance provider put the "Enterprise" back in Enterprise Architecture. (H/T to Joe McKendrick for this story.)
- Downloading specific video renditions in WebCenter Content | Kyle Hatlestad
How-to from Oracle WebCenter & ADF A-Team blogger Kyle Hatlestad.
- Eclipse DemoCamp - June 2012 - Redwood Shores, CA
Location: Oracle HQ - 10 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood Shores, CA (Map)
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 13, 2012. From 6pm - 9pm
- The evolution of Java persistence, Doug Clarke, EclipseLink Project Lead, Oracle
- Integrating BIRT into Applications, Ashwini Verma, Actuate Corporation
- Leveraging OSGi In The Enterprise, Kamal Muralidharan, Lead Engineer, eBay
- Developing Rich ADF Applications with Java EE, Greg Stachnick, Oracle
- NVIDIA® NsightTM Eclipse Edition, Goodwin (Tech lead - Visual tools), Eugene Ostroukhov (Senior engineer – Visual tools)
- 2012 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards - Win a FREE Pass to Oracle OpenWorld 2012 in San Francisco
Share your use of Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions and how they help your organization drive business innovation. You just might win a free pass to Oracle Openworld 2012 in San Francisco. Deadline for submissions in July 17, 2012.
- BI Architecture Master Class for Partners – Oracle Architecture Unplugged
Date: June 21, 2012
No slides, no fluff. This workshop will be highly interactive and is aimed at Oracle OPN member partners who are IT Architects and BI+W specialists. The focus will be on architectural issues and considerations.
- DevOps: Evolving to Handle Disruption | JP Morgenthal
The subject of DevOps came up this week during an OTN ArchBeat podcast interview with Ron Batra and James Baty on the role of the cloud architect (that program will be available in a few weeks). Morgenthal's article for InfoQ offers a good overview of what DevOps is and how it works.
Thought for the Day
"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between success and failure."