ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-05-24
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 24, 2012
- Community Roundtable: Agility versus Architecture
What happens to architecture in the rush to deliver solutions? A community panel, including Lenz Grimmer, Karina Ishkhanova, Tom Laszewski, and Pat Sheperd, discusses finding a balance. (Podcast transcript)
- Eclipse Juno DemoCamp, June 13, Redwood Shores, CA
The agenda includes:
- The evolution of Java persistence, Doug Clarke, EclipseLink Project Lead, Oracle
- Eclipse Project Sapphire, Konstantin Komissarchik, Sapphire Project Lead, Oracle
- Developing Rich ADF Applications with Java EE, Greg Stachnick, Oracle
- NetBeans IDE 7.2 Beta Release Information
NetBeans IDE 7.2 Beta provides a significantly improved performance and coding experience, with new static code analysis capabilities in the Java Editor and smarter project scanning. The release also includes notable features such as integration with Scene Builder for visually creating JavaFX forms; support for multiple PHP frameworks; updated Groovy support; and many other enhancements in Java EE, Maven, C/C++ and the NetBeans Platform.
- InfoQ: Nothing Is Permanent Except Change - How Software Architects Can Embrace Change
Michael Stal discusses system architecture quality, how to avoid architectural erosion, how to deal with refactoring, and design principles for architecture evolution.
- Webcast: Conquering Big Data with the Oracle Information Architecture Model - May 30
Wednesday May 30, 2012
10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
Two Oracle Enterprise Architects present use-cases that will help you expand your information architecture roadmap to include new big data capabilities.
- MySQL 5.6 Replication: FAQ | Mat Keep blogs.oracle.com
Mat Keep shares an on-demand replay of the recent MySQL 5.6 Development Release overview webcast, along with a transcript of the audience Q&A from the webcast.
- 2012 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards - Win a FREE Pass to Oracle OpenWorld 2012 in San Francisco
Share your use of Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions and how they help your organization drive business innovation. You just might win a free pass to Oracle Openworld 2012 in San Francisco. Deadline for submissions in July 17, 2012.
- Web Service Development with NetBeans and Testing with WebLogic Admin Console | Frank Munz
Dr. Frank Munz shares a screencast that shows "how to develop the most simple web service pobbislbe, how to test it entirely with WebLogic admin console, and how modifying the web service will work without redeployment."
- BPM 11g Deployment & Instance Migration | Mark Foster
Mark Nelson shares two use cases that illustrate "how to manage deployment of new process versions and how to ensure that instances are migrated from the previous version to the current version."
- London Coherence Special Interest Group (LCSIG) - May 31
Thursday May, 31, 2012
10:00 - 17:45
Oracle Office - Level 6
1 South Place London
United Kingdom, EC2 M2RB
- Dave Felcey, Oracle
- David Whitmarsh (Credit Suisse)
- Phil Wheeler (Credit Suisse)
- Andrew Wilson (RBS)
- Free Event: Modern Java Development, in and outside the Enterprise
May 30, 2012
Redwood Shores, CA
Network with your peers and Oracle experts while you learn about the modern, lightweight platform that is Java EE 6 – and the productivity it offers - particularly when integrated with other commercial and open source technology. Register now.
Thought for the Day
"A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked."