ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 10/18/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 18, 2011
- One week until OTN Architect Day: Chicago, IL - Updated session schedule posted.
Join your peers for a full day of sessions on Cloud Computing, Engineered Systems, SOA, Virtualization, and much more. Free!
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Security: OIM 11g Localization Tips | Daniel Gralewski
Customers can plug a lot of custom code and objects in OIM 11g in order to achieve their business requirements.
- The Great Tech War Of 2012 | Fast Company
Apple, Facebook, Google, and Amazon battle for the future of the innovation.
- Measures for Managing Operational Resilience | Julia Allen - SEI Blog
Allen describes SEI "research to help organizational leaders manage critical services in the presence of disruption."
- David Sprott's Blog: The Service Oriented Enterprise
"Many organizations are now rebooting their SOA initiative and they should be looking at capability services as the foundation of their architecture."
- Improvised Explosive Consultants - neutralising a bad consultant | Steve Jones
Advice on avoiding bad decisions resulting from unqualified consultants.
- Binding Mnemonics to Node Actions (Geertjan's Blog)
How-to from Geertjan Wielenga.
- Containers on Linux (Wim Coekaerts Blog)
Wim's container example uses existing Linux cgroups features in the mainline kernel and lxc tools to create the environments.
- JAX-RS 2.0 Progress and Client API (The Aquarium)
Co-spec lead Santiago Pericas-Geertsen has started a series of blogs on important features, starting with the Client API. OIA: Entitlements outside roles in BI Publisher (Rob Sayin')
- Back from Oracle OpenWorld! - Presentations from the Engineered Systems Breakfast Series | Javier Puerta
Links to OOW11 session presentations and other content covering Exadata, Exalogic, more.
- Useful measurement | Chris Beal
Beal praises Cary Milsap's OOW11 presentation.
Rob shares an "example report which will expose entitlements falling outside roles but this time formatted for use with BI Publisher."