ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-05-02
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 02, 2012
- Enterprise Architects: Prep for Big Data Changing Your Company | Nick Kolakowski
"Big Data can and will disrupt an organization's strategy, infrastructure and culture," says Kolakowski. Enterprise Architects have to step up, or step off.
- To win with cloud computing, change IT first | David Linthicum
"The dirty little secret," says Linthicum, "is that most of the change to IT needs to occur before the first implementation to make cloud computing holistically successful."
- Oracle Technology Network Developer Day: MySQL - New York
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Grand Hyatt New York
109 East 42nd Street, Grand Central Terminal
New York, NY 10017
- ODTUG Kscope12 - June 24-28 - San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX
June 24-28, 2012
Kscope12, sponsored by ODTUG, is your home for Application Express, BI and Oracle EPM, Database Development, Fusion Middleware, and MySQL training by the best of the best!
- Register Now: Oracle Technology Network Architect Day - Reston, VA - May 16
A rich schedule of keynotes, breakout sessions, and roundtable discussions focused on the use of Oracle technologies as part of essential enterprise solutions. The event is free, but seating is limited.
- Two Web Experience Management Trends to Watch | Christie Flanagan
Architects take note: "The dialogue between consumers and brands on corporate sites will need to evolve beyond the bidirectional to a multidirectional one as the corporate web presence evolves into a hub for community and brand engagement," says Christie Flanagan.
- Java Magazine Wins Maggie Publishing Award | The Java Source
Congratulations to a talented group of hard-working people on this well-deserved recognition.
- Oracle applications users increase adoption of cloud computing
Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) President Mark Clark talks about users' general interest in cloud computing, and more specifically, the Oracle Public Cloud.
- JavaOne 2012 Analysis - Submitted Proposals and Speaker Distribution | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele takes a deep dive into JavaOne session submission data to offer a fascinating breakdown of session topics and presenters.
"If sufficient number of management layers are superimposed on top of each other, it can be assured that disaster is not left to chance."