ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-04-26
By OTN ArchBeat on Apr 26, 2012
- IT Architects gather in Metro D.C.; Virtualization Decisions; Oracle Architect Certification
This week's features on the Oracle Technology Network Architect homepage.
- Oracle Cloud Conference: dates and locations worldwide
Several dates remain in Germany, Finland, and the US.
- 2012 Real World Performance Tour Dates | Performance Tuning | Performance Engineering
Coming to your town: a full day of real world database performance with Tom Kyte, Andrew Holdsworth, and Graham Wood.
Los Angeles, CA - April 30
Orange County, CA - May 1
Redwood Shores, CA - May 3
- Oracle Technology Network Developer Day: MySQL - New York
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Grand Hyatt New York
109 East 42nd Street, Grand Central Terminal
New York, NY 10017
- Webcast: Top Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Linux Deployments
May 9, 2012, Noon ET/ 9:00am PT.
Linux expert Greg Marsden shows you how to avoid common pitfalls, prevent problems, and circumvent known issues to accelerate your deployment. Find out how to configure your Linux system the right way, learn diagnostics tricks, and get a wealth of best practices for running Linux in real-world enterprises.
- Webcast Series: Data Warehousing Best Practices
- April 19, 2012 - Best Practices for Workload Management of a Data Warehouse on Oracle Exadata
- May 10, 2012 - Best Practices for Extreme Data Warehouse Performance on Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Security: OAM 11g - IPM Integration
A quick how-to from one of the Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team bloggers.
- Oracle Database community loses one of its own, Mark Townsend
A nice tribute by blogger Mark Fontecchio.
Thought for the Day
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
H/T to www.softwarequotes.com