ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-04-24
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 24, 2012
- Architecture Without an End State
Michael Nygard outlines 8 rules for dealing with complex systems: Embrace Plurality, Contextualize Downstream, Beware Grandiosity, Decentralize, Isolate Failure Domains, Data Outlives Applications, Applications Outlive Integrations, Increase Discoverability.
- Northeast Ohio Oracle Users Group 2 Day Seminar - May 14-15 - Cleveland, OH
Northeast Ohio Oracle Users Group 2 Day Seminar - May 14-15 - Cleveland, OH www.neooug.org
More than 20 sessions over 4 tracks, featuring 18 speakers, including Oracle ACE Director Cary Millsap, Oracle ACE Director Rich Niemiec, and Oracle ACE Stewart Brand.
- IT Architects gather in Metro D.C.; Virtualization Decisions; Oracle Architect Certification
Featured this week on the Oracle Technology Network Architect homepage, your portal to resources for the OTN architect community.
- Designing Business Agility with Oracle Process Composer | Leon Smiers
Capgemini solution architect Leon Smiers, an Oracle ACE, shares his evaluation of Oracle Process Composer and discusses "how Business Analysts work with the product and hand over their work to development."
- Deep Dive slides — Deploying Oracle Database 11gR2 for High Availability | Alex Gorbachev
Oracle ACE Director and solution architect Alex Gorbachev shares an update and a link to the slides from his Collaborate 12 Deep Dive Session.
Thought for the Day
"Anything you do – anything – that stimulates new segments of your brain will make you a more effective programmer or analyst."