ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-03-29
By OTN ArchBeat on Mar 29, 2012
- A surefire recipe for cloud failure | @DavidLinthicum
"Foundational planning for the use of cloud computing is an architectural problem," says David Linthicum. "You need to consider the enterprise holistically, starting with the applications, data, services, and storage. Understand where it is and what it does."
- Validating an Oracle IDM Environment (including a Fusion Apps build out) | Brian Eidelman
Brian Eidelman shows how to "validate an Oracle Identity Management build out containing OID, OVD, OIM, and OAM."
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c Launch - Interactive Webcast and Live Chat
Thursday, April 12, 2012. 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. GMT.
Learn how your enterprise cloud can achieve 10x improved performance and 12x operational agility. Includes demo session.
- Steve Wilson (VP Systems Management, Oracle)
- John Fowler (Exec VP Systems, Oracle)
- Brad Cameron (VP Development, Oracle Fusion Middleware)
- Bill Nesheim (VP Oracle Solaris)
- Dennis Reno (VP Customer Portal Experience, Oracle)
- Mike Wookey (Chief Architect, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center)
- Prasad Pai (Sr Director, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center)
- 2012 Real World Performance Tour Dates |Performance Tuning | Performance Engineering
Coming to your town: a full day of real world database performance with Tom Kyte, Andrew Holdsworth, and Graham Wood. Rochester, NY - March 8 Los Angeles, CA - April 30 Orange County, CA - May 1 Redwood Shores, CA - May 3
Thought for the Day
"At first sight, the idea of any rules or principles being superimposed on the creative mind seems more likely to hinder than to help, but this is quite untrue in practice. Disciplined thinking focuses inspiration rather than blinkers it."