ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-03-23
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 23, 2012
- Why is Java EE 6 better than Spring? | Arun Gupta
"While Spring was revolutionary in its time and is still very popular and quite main stream in the same way Struts was circa 2003, it really is last generation's framework," says Arun Gupta. "Some people are even calling it legacy."
- OWSM vs. OEG - When to use which component - 11g | Prakash Yamuna
Prakash Yamuna shares a brief but informative summary.
- Webcast Q&A: Demystifying External Authorization
The slide deck, a transcript of the audience Q&A, and a link to replay of the recent Oracle Entitlements Server webcast featuring Tanya Baccam from SANS Institute.
- Anil Gaur on Cloud Computing Support in Java EE 7
InfoQ's Srini Penchikala talks with Anil Gaur, Vice President of Software Development at Oracle, about cloud computing support in Java EE 7, project road map and timeline, cloud API in Java EE 7, and cloud development and deployment tools.
- Want to Patch your Red Hat Linux Kernel Without Rebooting? | Lenz Grimmer
Lenz Grimmer shares info an resources for those interested in learning more about KSplice.
- Oracle Linux Newsletter, March Edition
Get a spring dose of Linux goodness.
- Oracle Enterprise Gateway: Integration with Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Web Services Manager
Oracle Enterprise Gateway and Oracle Web Services Manager are central points of a SOA initiative when security is paramount. In this article, William Markito Oliveira and Fabio Mazanatti describe how to integrate these products with Oracle Service Bus.
Thought for the Day
"We always strain at the limits of our ability to comprehend the artifacts we construct — and that's true for software and for skyscrapers."