ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 9/23/2011
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 23, 2011
- Oracle Database Appliance – (Baby Exadata) | Kerry Osborne
Osborne says: "The Oracle Database Appliance is not really a Baby Exadata, depending on your definition of the word 'is.'"
- Oracle Database Appliance – mid market Exadata in a scalable (license) model | Lucas Jellema Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema offers a brief analysis.
- Oracle Database Appliance — What Does It Mean for You and Your Business? | Alex Gorbachev
"Now it’s finally the time when I can share my thoughts and experience," says Gorbachev.
- Inside the Oracle Database Appliance – Part 1 | Andy Colvin
Andy Colvin kicks the tires and gets under the hood.
- Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) Installation / Configuration | Karl Arao
Aroa calls it "a really cool RAC-in-a-box."
- WebCenter/UCM Performance Tuning, Black Box Style! | Bex Huff
"It's so very lovely to see the difference between the initial and final performance," says Oracle ACE Director Bex Huff.
- Where to Find this Year's Middleware Innovators at OpenWorld | Dain Hansen
October 4th, 11:45 AM, Oracle Fusion Middleware: Meet This Year's Most Impressive Customer Projects, Moscone West - 3007.
- Overcome application upgrade-phobia with SOA | SOA Governance@work
Maneesh Joshi explains how SOA can help organizations overcome application upgrade phobia.
- Open source framework powers latest IDE, but it isn’t Eclipse | Geertjan Wielenga
The emerging importance of the MAC OS and Linux has influenced Microphip to move to an open source framework for its IDE.
- Build GlassFish with latest Maven & JDK 7... in 5 minutes | The Aquarium
Recent improvements to the GlassFish code base allow developers to quickly build the entire GlassFish trunk.
- Installing Oracle Enterprise Repository | @DeltaLounge
Peter Paul van de Beek helps you get your governance on.
- Silicon Valley Code Camp 2011 - Pick your sessions | Arun Gupta
Arun Gupta wants you to go to there.
- Reusing Forms Business Logic as a Web Service | Grant Ronald
Ronald explains how "at least one Oracle partner has found a novel way of tackling this problem."
- OpenWorld for $50; Why IT and Business Butt Heads; A for Architecture
This week in the Oracle Technology Network Architect Center.