ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - July 25-31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 01, 2014
Among the 5,265 followers of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page -- a community that could possibly include cycloptic star creatures from a distant planet -- these are the top 10 most popular posts for the last seven days, July 25-31, 2014.
- Rapid creation of Virtual Machine(s) for SOA Suite 12.1.3 server run time environment - leveraging Vagrant, Puppet and Biemond | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema extends his series on using Vagrant and Puppet for the automated creation of Virtual Machines, with a description the steps he took to create two VMs using scripts written by Edwin Biemond.
- Fastest way to a Virtual Machine with JDeveloper 12.1.3 and Oracle Database XE 11gR2 - on Ubuntu Linux 64 bit | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema gets you there in 10 steps.
- Video: Oracle SOA Suite 12c: REST Enabling SOA
This video from the Oracle Learning Library demonstrates how to REST enable an existing SOAP service using Oracle SOA Suite 12c, a technique that can be used for mobile service enablement.
- GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0 Download – nightly builds | Jurgen Kress
"As an open source project, GlassFish is being developed in an open and transparent manner," explains Jurgan Kress. Read his short post to learn where to download the latest build.
- Test your Application with the WebLogic Maven plugin | Edwin Biemond
Software architect Edwin Biemond shows you how easy it is to add some unit tests to your application when you use Maven together with the 12.1.3 Oracle software such as WebLogic , JDeveloper or Eclipse OEPE.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - July 22-28, 2014
This week's list of Top 10 Tweets includes items on Big Data, Glassfish, Hadoop, Java, ODI, OSB, SOA Suite 12c, and more.
- Why Oracle Big Data SQL Potentially Solves a Big Issue with Hadoop Security | Mark Rittman
A technical analysis from Oracle ACE Director and business intelligence expert Mark Rittman.
- Introduction to Fusion Applications Roles Concepts | Jack Desai
This post from the Fusion Middleware A-Team blog reviews the definition of "Functional Roles" and provides introductory internals on the technical implementation of "Roles” within Fusion Applications.
- Video: Cluster Targeted JMS Load Balancing and Co-Location | Frank Munz
A new addition to the "Oracle WebLogic: Distinctive Recipes" video series from Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz.
- 10 Tips for getting started with Oracle MAF | Graeme Mawson
Graeme Mawson shares a collection of "little tips and tricks that will make life easier as you’re learning your way around" the Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF).