ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Shared Links - March 21-27, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 28, 2014
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page now has 5,000 followers! Here are the Top 10 most popular items posted on that page over the last seven days, March 21-27, 2014.
- Video: ADF - Designing for Application Customization & MDS - MDS Infrastructure Decisions | Frank Nimphius
In this episode of ADF Architecture TV Frank Nimphius covers the MDS repository infrastructure you need for customizable and personalizable ADF applications.
- You Are Not Even Wrong About the Cloud - Part 3 | RogerG
"The Cloud is not magic – reduced costs are not suddenly available through magic Cloud pixie dust," says RogerG. His article clears up some common misconceptions about moving existing applications to the cloud.
- 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards: Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation
Are you an ADF Developer (Oracle ADF/Oracle Mobile Framework)? If so, please submit your solution to the 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards. The winner will receive a free pass to OOW 2014!
- IoT end-to-end demo: Remote Monitoring and Service | Harish Doddala
IoT expert Harish Doddala's demo "showcases how the health of remotely deployed machinery can be monitored to illustrate how data coming from devices can be analyzed in real-time, integrated with back-end systems and visualized to initiate action as may be necessary."
- Playing with SSL | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director Rene van Wijk shows you how to set up "SSL on a WebLogic Dynamic Cluster (with a few managed servers that have SSL enabled), by using a custom identity and custom trust."
- Improve SSL Support for Your WebLogic Domains | Olaf Heimburger
Fusion Middleware solution architect Olaf Heimburger's technical post identifies the root cause and the solution for an error message that may be familiar to those working with SSL in WebLogic.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 Tweets - March 18-24
Each day I search out great technical content from across the OTN architect community to share via Twitter. Here's the list of the top 10 most popular tweets from the last seven days.
- Building a Cloud-Based Data Center with Oracle Solaris 11 - Part 1 | Ron Larson and Richard Friedman
This article by Ron Larson and Richard Friedman discusses the factors to consider when building a cloud, the cloud capabilities offered by Oracle Solaris 11, and the structure of Oracle Solaris Remote Lab, an Oracle implementation of an Oracle Solaris 11 cloud.
- Predicting using ORE package | Brendan Tierney
Oracle ACE Director Brendan Tierney's post offers a concise overview of ore.predict functions available in Oracle R Enterprise that can be used to apply your data mining model to score or label new data.
- Public Sector Open Data via Information Sharing and Enterprise Architecture | Ted McLaughlan
The demand for open data, "is rapidly exposing both opportunities and challenges within government information-sharing environments, behind the firewall, " says enterprise architect Ted McLaughlan, "in turn a fantastic opportunity and challenge for the Enterprise Architects and Data Management organizations."
Thought for the Day
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."