|Everybody's talking about Big Data, but what are you doing about it? The latest OTN ArchBeat podcast just might help to get you started down the right path to Big Data. The panel for this discussion of Big Data Architecture includes Oracle ACE Director and Hadoop expert Gwen Shapira [interview] and Oracle Big Data Handbook authors Tom Plunkett, Bruce Nelson, and Brian MacDonald.
The Panelists(Listed alphabetically)
- Brian MacDonald, Oracle enterprise architect and analytics specialist focused on Big Data
- Bruce Nelson, Oracle principal consultant and NoSQL Big Data lead specializing in Hadoop.
- Thomas Plunkett, Oracle principal consultant and adjunct computer science instructor at Virginia Tech.
- Gwen Shapira, Oracle ACE Director, solution architect and Hadoop specialist with Cloudera.
- Listen to Part 1: What distinguishes an architecture that is ready for Big Data from one that is not? What are some of the typical mistakes organizations make as they take their first steps toward big data?
- Listen to Part 2: The panel discusses how Oracle Database fits into a Big Data Architecture, and shares insight on one of the more persistent problems in technology adoption.
- Listen to Part 3: There's big, and then there's BIG. The panel discusses the challenges of keeping up with coming data explosion.
Be a Guest Producer for an ArchBeat Podcast
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast, put your topic and panelist suggestions in a comment on this post, or contact me at @OTNArchBeat.