By OTN ArchBeat on Nov 25, 2013
More than 4,600 people follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for daily links to content created by community members. The list below represents the Top 10 items shared on that page for the week of November 17-23, 2013.
- Small Steps to Becoming a Better Architect
Want to be a better architect? Working architects share tips and steps you can take today.
- Effect of Queue and JCA Settings on Message Retry by JMS Adapter | Shreenidhi Raghuram
Fusion Middleware A-Team architect Shreenidhi Raghuram examines the effects of Queue Level Redelivery Settings and Adapter level Retry Settings on JMS Adapter message processing.
- Internet of Things - The Oracle platform | Torsten Winterberg
Oracle ACE Director Torsten Winterberg (one of the authors of the Industrial SOA article series available on OTN) shares an informative summary of an Oracle Openworld presentation on the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Setting up Oracle JDeveloper for WebCenter Portal Asset Development | Mitchell Palski
Oracle WebCenter Portal's round-trip development features allow you to download assets from Oracle WebCenter Portal and upload them to JDeveloper for maintenance or enhancement. In this article Mitchell Palski shows you how to set up your development environment for WebCenter 22.214.171.124.
- DOAG 2013 WebLogic 12.1.2 Talk | Frank Munz
Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz shares the slides from his DOAG 13 presentation "10 Things You Should Know about WebLogic 12.1.2."
- Python for the WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) | Frank Munz
"To be able to code more than the most basic WLST scripts for WebLogic you should have reasonably good Python skills, " says Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz. He shares several resources for learning Python in this post.
- Changes In Attitude | Floyd Teter
Preparing for the demise of the commercial version of GlassFish, Oracle ACE Director Floyd Teter builds a new Oracle Linux VM, installs WebLogic 12.1.2 -- and shares insight gained in the process.
- Why ODI, DW and OBIEE Developers Should Be Interested in Hadoop | Mark Rittman
"Hadoop is the classic disruptive technology," says Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman, "cheap, and starting-off with far less functionality than regular, relational databases – but it’s improving fast, and as BI&DW developers it offers the potential of both massive benefits." Get more of Mark's insight in his extensive post.
- YouTube Video: Design - Transactions and Data Controls | Chris Muir
Chris Muir returns with another video from ADF Architecture TV. This video focuses on "the need for transactions and how they're implemented & supported via ADF Data Controls."
- Video Interview: Cloud Service Brokers - A SOA Symposium Preview
In this video interview SOA community maven Jurgen Kress and Oracle ACE Rolando Carrasco preview "Cloud Service Brokers," the session they will present as part of the Cloud Computing Architecture, Brokers & Patterns track at the SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology Symposium, December 4-5, 2013 in Mexico City.
Thought for the Day
"There is little success where there is little laughter."
— Andrew Carnegie, Industrialist
(November 25, 1835 – August 11, 1919)