By OTN ArchBeat on Nov 20, 2013
- Video Interview: Cloud Service Brokers - A SOA Symposium Preview
In this video interview SOA community maven Jurgen Kress and Oracle ACE Rolando Carrasco preview "Cloud Service Brokers," the session they will present as part of the Cloud Computing Architecture, Brokers & Patterns track at the SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology Symposium, December 4-5, 2013 in Mexico City.
- Creating your own Virtualbox Development Images | Edwin Biemond
For Oracle Puppet provisioning development Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond can't do without Packer and Vagrant. In this blogpost he explains "what these tools can do for you and how you can make your own images and use puppet as provisioning tool."
- Virtualised Exalogic and External DNS Servers | Donald Forbes
A step-by-step how-to from technical architect Donald Forbes.
- Python for the WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) | Frank Munz
"To be able to code more than the most basic WLST scripts for WebLogic you should have reasonably good Python skills," says Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz. He shares several resources for learning Python in this post.
- On the integrity of data in Java applications – presentation from JFall 2013 | Lucas Jellema
This JFall 2013 presentation by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema examines "what data integrity entails and how it can be enforced in multi-tier application architectures using distributed data sources and global transactions."
- Changes In Attitude | Floyd Teter
Preparing for the demise of GlassFish, Oracle ACE Director Floyd Teter builds a new Oracle Linux VM, installs WebLogic 12.1.2 -- and shares insight gained in the process.
- Internet of Things - The Oracle platform | Torsten Winterberg
Oracle ACE Director Torsten Winterberg (one of the authors of the Industrial SOA article series available on OTN) shares an informative summary of an Oracle Openworld presentation on the Internet of Things (IoT).
Thought for the Day
"A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it."
— Alistair Cook, British/American journalist
(November 20, 1908 – March 30, 2004)